Pages

11.03.2012

Washington To Washington

There's A Difference?

When airborne it's always a toss up for me - do I read a book or look out the window. I try to do both. Though Ivan Doig's "Work Song" is one of the finest books I've read in a long time, I don't get the opportunity to gaze at the land that unspools below the window very often.


Mt. Ranier was visible until we climbed above the ceiling. Mt. Hood is the is just to the right of Ranier and that is Tapps Lake in the foreground. We are leaving Washington St. for Washington, DC










Fresh snow on the eastern front of the Rockies where they meet the High Plains at left.
Clouds on clouds on clouds, somewhere over the Midwest.






If we hadn't seen the Washington Monument as we landed, below, I would really have wondered just where we did land. 


Regretfully we are going to have to forego doing anything more touristy than just look out the window as we make a quick transition from the DC area to Baltimore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that Mt Ranier photo almost took my breath away!!!

    ReplyDelete